Thursday, March 08, 2007

Hope



I took this shot one evening last week. It is how I feel right now. Are the dark clouds encroaching on the blue sky...or is the blue sky pushing away the dark clouds?

I took possession of my new rental house in Santa Fe...and it's nice. It's all new, modern (granite counters/stainless steel kitchen), and fab Bosch appliances. I was really excited when I wrote the Gianormous check to secure it...but now I'm all weepy as I move in.

What the heck have I done???? I don't know a single soul here!!!! Can I go back home now?

Maybe I'll feel better when my art supplies get unpacked (I packed an emergancy art kit that I sent ahead...gotta have your priorities) and when all the rest of my "stuff" gets here in a few weeks. For now I'm camping out with just a few things I bought at Target ( how I LOVE that store), a "memory foam" bed that will go into the guest room, and a new little plasma TV (wowser!)

1 comment:

Karen Beth said...

Wow! What courage! To move to a new town, into a new house, not knowing anyone but yourself... that is amazing. I'm sure it is scary also but wow... Good for you!

I'm excited on your behalf, even if you are a bit nervous right now.

Enjoy!!