Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thank You World




The second of Michelle Ward's Crusades asks us to create something inspired by music. In honor of Thanksgiving, I selected an old World Party tune, "Thank You World"

Lyrics;

Colors, scents and symphony
Fall on me like tears.
And time around me stretches back
And forth across the years.
Was I sent to see your beauty
Just to please my aching heart...
Well I want to say good morning
But I don't know where to start.
Thank you World

Thank you World

Well, I'm lying in the dew
And I'm staring at the stars.
Yeah, he laid me down this blanket
Now I call this blanket grass
And the sun is my alarm
And the Moon, she makes me dream.
And my food is wild honey pie
And water from the stream.
Thank you World.......

Thank you world.

8 comments:

jenny holiday said...

Very Very cool!!! Great job!!

xoxo Jenny

christine said...

Beautiful -- very restful! :)

audrey said...

This is wonderful and the lyrics are so beautiful and soothing.

Kristen Robinson said...

What a perfect piece of artwork to go with such lovely lyrics!

michelle said...

deb - very pretty....love the sweet colors....and that you posted the lyrics too. thanks for playing!

Alison G said...

Congratulations Deb, lovely piece!

christine said...

Well, this is just beautiful!! And congrats on the WIN, too!

Deborah said...

Thankx Girls!!!

I'm sooo excited!!!