Sunday, June 04, 2006

When the Going Gets Tough....




The Tough Journal....

I brought (to Vancouver) well over 200 art books from my library to glean inspiration from. I carefully selected each one for it's relevance to the project at hand. So... Imagine my surprise when I unpacked the many boxes to discover Julia Cameron's book "The Artist's Way", in the midst of them! I've owned this book for, what....10 years?...and never got past the first few pages. Once I discovered I would have to...yikes..."journal", I put it well aside.

How did it sneak inside one of the boxes?

I've managed to ignore it for the past month...waaay to busy for such stuff. However... last night, I had a dream about it....

I'm a firm believer in that "When the student is ready, the Teacher arrives", so I guess I'm ready! Today...I bought one of those little black composition books and made a simple cover for it (harder to ignore).

So far, I'm aghast at my poor spelling...let alone my petty thoughts....

7 comments:

Caty said...

I like the cover very much. You may visit Vancouver's Public Library. the rt section is veeeeeery good! I found Julia's book there.........

Ulla said...

Amazing cover! How can it not inspire you to journal?

julie b said...

Gorgeous Cover!
I love the paper

arttealife/onecrabapple said...

I have this book too and have treated it much the same as you over the years...thumbing thru on a rainy day...enjoying the inspiring ideas and quotes...then it slips under things and behind things or winds back up on a shelf...

YOu inspire me to dig it back out and perhaps start it now too !

Love, S.

arttealife/onecrabapple said...

oops- I was so busy yakking, I forgot to tell you how much I liked the journal cover work !

Hanna said...

beautiful cover, and yes, Julia's book is worth to read and use!

Anonymous said...

I didnt find thing that i need... :-(
google