Sunday, May 21, 2006

Remembering India


When the stress of my job gets to be too much, I look back at what I was doing a year or so ago. This is a photo of a beautiful Bride I was lucky enough to meet during my time in India last year. I was invited to her (four day) wedding and treated like a member of her family.

Here she is waiting for her "Prince" to arrive on a white horse! She was achingly beautiful, calm, charming and gracious...

Meanwhile, all of Albert Brooks' costumes had been rendered to ash when the dry cleaner shop exploded the day before he arrived in India .

Puts things into perspective.... Lucky Me!!

Tell me where you were a year or so ago!

5 comments:

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

A year ago my brother and niece came to visit us in France. it was their first time here. I was beyond the moon happy! We went form site to site in Paris and in the south!

Wonderful moment!!

Deborah said...

Oooh...the excitment of showing France to your brother and his daughter...such beauty to share!! I wish it was me! I so love showing places I love to persons I love!

I wish, one day, You will show me your France!

Caty said...

A year ago I was getting used to live in France.....after 8 years in Vancouver. So, I missed the sushi but I was happy to find vins and cheeses and enjoying the weather, dreaming about going to my home country for Christmas and enjoying my husband family.

Ulla said...

What a wonderful photo, putting traditions in perspective... A year ago - health and love without fear of the unknown...

Deborah said...

Thank you, my friends, for sharing with me! Your thoughts make me remember this poem...

We look before and after,
And pine for what is not;
Our sincerest laughter
With some pain is fraught;
Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought.
--Percy Bysshe Shelley, from The Cloud, 1820